Progress Turtle Terms and Policies
The terms and policies contained below shall govern your use of the Progress Turtle website and application, including all pages within this website and application. These terms apply in full force and effect to your use of Progress Turtle and by using the Progress Turtle website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full.
- Progress Turtle does not accept any money from advertisers or outside companies.
- Progress Turtle does not sell user information to any third party.
Progress Turtle reviews anonymized application data and employs third-party processors for the sole purpose of providing, monitoring, and improving our service.
- Progress Turtle ensures personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept up-to-date.
- When you delete data, you can be assured that it will not remain on Progress Turtle's servers. All data a user deletes from Progress Turtle is deleted in a manner that makes such data irrecoverable.
- Progress Turtle retains only that user data which users elect to keep in their account. Progress Turtle does not keep any copies or archived data except to the extent necessary to maintain an appropriate back-up solution.
- All data sent to or from Progress Turtle's servers is done so securely using secure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTPS) and, where relevant, Secure Socket Layers (SSL).
- All credit card transactions for Progress Turtle subscriptions are processed using secure encryption—the same level of encryption used by leading banks. Card information is transmitted, stored, and processed securely and exclusively on a PCI-Compliant network through Stripe.
- You are responsible for selecting and maintaining the password you use to access your Progress Turtle account. You are responsible for making sure that your password is not shared, disseminated, or otherwise jeopardized. For more information about selecting and safeguarding a secure password, click here.
- Progress Turtle is not for use by any minors (defined as those who are not at least 18 years of age), and you must not use Progress Turtle if you a minor.
- You are responsible for using your Progress Turtle account in a lawful and responsible manner.
- Progress Turtle account use is limited to a single person per account.
Progress Turtle is provided as-is and only as available.
- Progress Turtle may be subject to occasional periods of downtime.
- Progress Turtle offers a free 5-day trial with no credit card required. All users must pay to use Progress Turtle after the free trial.
- You may cancel your Progress Turtle subscription via the cancel subscription link which you can access by signing into your Progress Turtle account and navigating to the 'Account' page. This is the only way to cancel your subscription. Sending an email or other message will not cancel your Progress Turtle subscription.
- Cancelation of a Progress Turtle subscription is effective immediately. You will retain full access to your account data and service through the paid subscription period. Thereafter, your account access will be limited unless and until you resubscribe by paying for a new subscription.
- Resubscribing to Progress Turtle will immediately restart your subscription and result in an immediate charge corresponding with the next month of service. Payments will not be pro rated, reduced, or otherwise adjusted.
- Progress Turtle offers support by email only. We respond to support emails in the order in which they are received and based on the availability of our customer support personnel. Progress Turtle reserves the right to decline to respond to support emails in our sole discretion.
Subscription Cancelation & Account Closure
- Progress Turtle promises a no hassle subscription cancellation and account closure process. You will never be required to find a hidden link, call a special phone number, or respond to survey questions in order to reduce or eliminate your service with us.
- Your Progress Turtle account will remain accessible after subscription cancelation throughout the paid subscription period. Thereafter, account access will be limited to your 'Account' page, where you can resubscribe or close your Progress Turtle account.
- There is no prorating for partial months. All payments are collected in advance for the next month of service and are fully earned upon receipt. Upon cancelation of your Progress Turtle subscription, you will retain access to your account and all associated data for the entire month unless you choose to close your account entirely. In that event, your Progress Turtle data will be irrecoverably deleted and you will not have any access to your Progress Turtle account. No refunds will be issued if you close your account before the end of your paid subscription period.
- Closing your Progress Turtle account results in immediate deletion of all data associated with your account with the exception that Progress Turtle maintains a record of the existence (but not use or account data) of closed account email addresses and IP addresses for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- Progress Turtle retains the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any use of the service for any reason at any time. Termination of service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Progress Turtle account.
- Progress Turtle reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Progress Turtle reserves the right to temporarily disable an account if usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Progress Turtle subscribers.
Updates & Modifications
- Progress Turtle reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, service with or without notice.
- Progress Turtle subscription prices are subject to change upon 30 days notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting new subscription rates to the Progress Turtle website and/or your account page.
- Progress Turtle shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of service.
- To support delivery of our service, Progress Turtle may engage and use data processors with access to certain information. Below are the identity and role of each subprocessor we may use:
- Amazon Web Services - Cloud services
- Heroku - Cloud services
- Stripe - Payment processing services
- Google Analytics - Analytics provider
- Sentry - Error reporting software
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, Progress Turtle will promptly assess the risk and if appropriate report the breach as required by law.
Warranties and Limitations
- Progress Turtle does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Progress Turtle shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Progress Turtle has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Progress Turtle to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These terms constitutes the entire agreement between you and Progress Turtle and govern your use of the service, superseding any prior agreements between you and the Progress Turtle, including, but not limited to, any prior versions of these terms.
If any provision of these terms and policies is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render them unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
- These terms and policies will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon.
- All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the State of Oregon. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys' fees. Any award shall be in writing. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.You agree that any claim you may have shall be brought individually and you shall not join such claim with claims of any other person or entity or bring, join or participate in a class action.